We know it’s not easy to optimise pharma launch team ways of working, in fact, it can be a bit like herding cats!
But we also know, with our 16+ years of experience supporting launch teams, how you can best achieve launch team success.
Why are pharma launch team ways of working so important?
Because, with clear ways of working, you will:
- Facilitate effective communication, collaboration, accountability, and alignment across your team.
- Establish effective collaboration and communication between global, regional, and country teams on launch strategy, insights, news, and performance.
But how do you achieve this?
First, you need to define what you want to agree on. Then, you make sure everything is in place to achieve this.
Define your pharma launch team ways of working
Here is what is important to define and agree on, before you get started:
- Clarify who does what -— roles and responsibilities.
- Agree on team principles and ways of working — behaviours, norms, and meeting structure and schedule.
- Governance — decision-making gates or committees, launch readiness review meetings, and reporting and escalation processes.
- Align on your vision.
- Launch roadmap — agree on how you will get there.
Top tips for launch team success
Next, you need to ask yourself these questions to ensure you and your launch team are primed for launch success.
Do you have a launch readiness review meeting framework that is agile enough to…
- Gain cross-functional consensus and alignment?
- Secure development of the strategy, tactics, project plans, and their execution?
- Ensure efficient and effective alignment, and collaboration between the Global, Regional and local teams?
- Keep the launch momentum?
Does everybody know what is expected of them and what they are accountable for?
Does everyone understand the links between the different launch workstreams and functions?
Do you understand the impact of potential risks and issues, and have contingency and mitigation plans in place?
Have you considered how you will assess launch readiness, and whether you should GO/NO GO/DELAY?
In conclusion, if you answered ‘no’ to any of the above, you are not alone! Many pharma clients need help with elements of these, herding cats is not easy 🙂 The good news is we are here to help.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how our launch excellence partners can help you optimise for launch team success.
IE — the launch excellence experts
Our passion is to inspire excellence by simplifying launch.
For over 16 years, we have helped hundreds of pharmaceutical companies and biotechs launch thousands of brands, across multiple countries.
We provide the clarity, direction, and expertise you need to achieve launch success through our unique Launch EcoSystem™ approach, connecting Launch Plans, Launch Technology, and Launch Teams together.